Don’t want to do the research? The NFL Cheat Sheet has you covered! Less than 500 words everything you need to know about the Off-Season
Kyle Shanahan as with most of his offensive staff is gone. John DeFilippo is the new OC and he’s brought with him the best Wide Receivers Coach we’ve ever heard of, not because of his coaching but his name, Joker Philips.
- Brian Hoyer is gone to the Texans.
- Jim Leonard retired.
- Miles Austin is gone to the Eagles
- Jordan Cameron is gone to the Dolphins (pause for crying from Browns fans)
- Ahtyba Rubin is gone to Seattle
- Jabaal Sheard now a Patriot
- Buster Skrine at the Jets
Thats 5 starters if you’re counting!
- Josh McCown, Yay!!
- Brian Hartline, serviceable receiver WR from the Dolphins.
- Dwayne Bowe, sounds better than it is, Zero TDs in 2014.
- Tramon Williams, CB Packers couldn’t pay everyone.
- Randy Starks, is in from the Dolphins, can play either Tackle spot and will add some teeth to the pass rush
- Andy Lee if you’re going to trade for a punter, might as well be one of the best out there!
- Danny Shelton, DT in the first round is an effort to fix their leaky run defence. Starks mentioned above is questionable in that department so Shelton will be called on to perform.
- Cameron Erving late in the first round is insurance if Alex Mack goes elsewhere at the end of this deal and a solid addition along the line regardless. The Browns need to improve their run game and a few of their linemen need to step up or be put on a bus. Erving will push those guys on borrowed time.
- Nate Orchard will help the pass rush and fits the Mike Pettine mould. Good pick for a team adding guys that will make a contribution.
- Xavier Cooper another pick to shore up the defensive line in the 3rd round. Cooper is raw but is an athletic freak and will develop given time.
If the Browns new offence can get the best out of McCown and develop Manziel, they should be in a position to compete in the AFC North. There is still glaring deficiencies on this squad, (Wide Receiver, Quarterback) but they are elite in places (Corner Back) They have taken steps to develop the hard nose AFC North defence of their rivals and the Browns are clawing their way out of punchline status in the NFL.